Hop on the juice-cleanse train without giving up your booze, thanks to this cocktail. Fresh cucumber and lemon juices are jazzed up with a splash of vodka. *Ginger syrup adds zing, and hibiscus lavender oak bitters bring a layer of floral depth. Top it all with a little bit of ground cayenne for some extra spice.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce fresh cucumber juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce *ginger syrup
- 1/4 ounce honey
- 5 drops Crude Bitterless Marriage hibiscus lavender oak bitters
- 1 egg white
- Garnish: ground cayenne
1. Add all ingredients into a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) until frothy.
2. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
3. Strain into a cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cayenne.
*Ginger syrup: Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan. Add 4 oz peeled ginger cut into thin rounds (about a 10-inch long piece). Remove from heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes, then strain out solids. Store in refrigerator up to several weeks.