By: Erik Taylor
Drink of the Month: March
Tags: Milton Real Estate, Milton Resale Homes, Erik Taylor Remax, Top Performing Realtor, Top Milton Realtor, Amy Flowers Team, Chuck Charlton Team, Kitchen Renovations, Detach Milton Homes, Semi-Detach Milton Homes, Professional Home Reno Referrals, Real Estate Expert, Remax Real Estate Agent, Best Milton Realtor
Pot of Gold
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this lucky little treat. Irish whiskey and Islay scotch keep the heritage strong when mixed with fresh lemon juice, ginger honey syrup and egg white. Of course, the only appropriate garnish is a few pieces of edible gold leaf.
While the rest of the drinking world sips from the green-beer spigot this St. Patrick’s Day, class it up with this gold-studded Irish whiskey cocktail.
· 1 3/4 oz Irish whiskey
· 1/4 oz scotch
· 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
· 3/4 oz Ginger honey syrup*
· 1 Egg white
· Garnish: Edible gold flakes
1. Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and dry-shake (no ice).
2. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
3. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
4. Garnish with edible gold flakes.
5. *Ginger honey syrup: Combine 1/4 cup chopped ginger, 1 cup honey and 1/2 cup water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, then let stand until room temperature. Strain into a container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.