April Showers Bring May Flowers—and This Elderflower Cocktail Recipe. April showers got you down?
Kick off your rain boots and pour yourself a springtime cocktail, like the herbaceous Coupe de Blonde. It’s the perfect cocktail to enjoy on a warm spring day.
- 1½ oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz St. Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1½ oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz thyme simple syrup (recipe below)
- Grapefruit peel and sprig of fresh thyme, for garnish
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
Equal parts sugar and water
1. To make the thyme simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and boiled water and stir. As sugar begins to combine into the water, add 6 sprigs of fresh thyme and continue to stir. Allow sprigs to sit in the mixture as it cools for up to five minutes. Remove sprigs and strain mixture.
2. Mix all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with grapefruit peel and a sprig of fresh thyme.