World Pasta Day 2019: History & Interesting Facts
World Pasta Day is celebrated on 25 October every year. This is the day for Pasta lovers who can enjoy their dish with friends, family, etc. Pasta is one of the versatile foods in the world and comes in various shapes and sizes. What is the history behind World Pasta Day and how it is celebrated?
On 25 October 1995, World Pasta Day was brought into existence as part of the World Pasta Congress. From all over the world, experts came together to discuss the glories of the noodle and emphasis on the importance of spreading knowledge of the world's panorama of pasta. This day is celebrated to promote the eating of pasta and culture.
- It is said that around 60 pounds, Italians eat pasta per person per year.
- About 20 pounds, Americans eat pasta per person per year.
- Some most popular forms of pasta are Macaroni, penne, and spaghetti.
- About 4 billion pasta is created by the U.S.
- There is one form of pasta namely Al dente which not only tastes better but keeps the stomach full for longer.
- It is said that there are at least 350 shapes of pasta.
Click the link for our favorite Quick & Easy Weeknight Pasta, Vegan + Gluten-Free Dish!!
This meal is super simple, but so tasty and satisfying!
We pretty much always have the ingredients on hand so it’s easy to whip this dish up on the fly! Enjoy :D